For the past 4 months, I haven’t had curtains in my room. I never could find a curtain rod I liked and I also couldn’t find actual curtains that went with the look I was going for in my room. So after many failed searches, in true DIY style, I decided to make my own rod and curtains.
Here was what my bare window looked like up until a few weeks ago.
In addition to the window looking bare and boring, it also was the source for my inability to sleep in on the weekends. When the sun came pouring in at 7:30am on Saturday morning, there was no hope of me sleeping through all that sun in my eyes.
Now with my new completed curtains and rod, I’m able to blissfully sleep in on the weekends.
To avoid a super lengthy post, I’ll be posting later this week the tutorial on how I made the curtain rod. And then next week I’ll show you guys how I made the curtains.
Here’s to sleeping in a little more on the weekends now!