Fabric Pom Poms: Window Decoration

Remember when I told you last week, that I was working on a little something but hadn’t had a chance to finish yet? Well, I finally finished!
I recently gave our deck a little makeover. I loved the old window I had hung, but felt like it needed a little something added to it.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I saw these fabric pom poms, and thought this would be a super cute addition to the window!
There are different ways you can make these and different things you can use for the base. I bought two round styrofoam balls to use as my base. For fabric, I found a deep purple color to use. I thought it would really stand out against the turquoise window and beige siding.
Fabric Pom Pom Supplies
I used the bottom of a cup to trace and cut circles from the fabric. (Note: For me it took about 1 yard to cover each ball. It will just depend on how tight you bunch them together to determine the amount of fabric you’ll need).

Fabric Pom Poms
Then I just folded the circle in half, put a little hot glue in the center, and then folded it in half again. I used hot glue to adhere each piece to the styrofoam ball.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You just keep doing this and bunching them together until you’ve covered each one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I already had some thin brown ribbon on hand and used a little hot glue and a straight pin to attach it to the top of each pom pom.
Fabric Pom Pom-String

I actually used a push pin to attach the string to the top of the window.
Fabric Pom Pom-Window

And there you have it! A nice little touch to the window, don’t you think?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’m linking up this tutorial on Home Stories A to ZShabby Creek CottageThe Shabby Nest, Thirty Handmade Days, WhipperberryTatertots and Jello and Not Just a Housewife.

P.S. Don’t forget to leave a comment with your decorating questions here. First question will be answered next Monday!

You May Also Like:

Comments

1. Kristy Gentes says:

I LOVE THIS! Now you have me rethinking what I want to add to the window I'm planning on getting for my bedroom. Keep the great ideas coming, and I'll have my apartment complete in no time! :)

2. Wow! That's a great tutorial-the pompoms look perfect and love the effect against the window frame.

3. Love this! Would you come and decorate my screened-in deck? Seriously. Love your handiwork. Beautiful!

4. Jenny says:

I love seeing a new spin on the pom pom! Well done and great colors!

Jenny

5. Cynthia says:

These are so sweet! I love your window, too!

6. Those care adorable!! Love the deep purple against the teal. Think I might have to make some of these!!

7. Chrissy says:

Gotta love pom poms! I know I do!!
    I'm hosting a link party today. Stop by if you'd like!

Chrissy

8. Jessa Smith says:

This is so pretty. I love the colors you used! I can't wait to try this!

~Jessa

9. Shelley says:

These are ADORABLE :D Thanks for the tutorial!

Shelley

10. Jennifer says:

Found you on the TT&J; linky!!
    I love these pom poms!! And they look so good with the window frame!!
    I'm diggin your blog…newest follwer! Hey how about I feature your Etsy shop on I ♥ Etsy this Wednesday?

11. Andrea says:

those are so cute! what a great and simple project! thanks for sharing visiting from http://www.worleyhouseblog.com

12. These are REALLY really beautiful! Found you on TT&J;! Stumbled this also!

13. these turned out great!

14. beckaboots says:

These are awesome! I really like the color you chose. Great job!

Bekah
    beckaboots.blogspot.com

15. Erin says:

I absolutely love these! The purple is awesome.

I'm redoing my spare room into a kids room (for foster care) and I think I might do some of these for their room. :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] contributor team on “Uncommon Designs”.   I went to her blog and found these classy “Fabric Pom-Poms: Window Decorations” that I think would be pretty for Valentine’s Day!  Megan has a tutorial for them and we look [...]